Monday, December 29, 2008

Let's Be Predictable.

...otherwise known as MY NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS.

I never do these, really. I am the queen of making well meaning lists chock full of ambition, and then I promptly forget that I actually wrote it all out. So this year, I'm making a dream board and mounting it on the wall.

I've been having some talks with myself, and I've reached a few conclusions in regards to my life. Most of it includes not settling. A lot of people spend their whole lives constructing an existence they're unhappy with out of fear or they sell themselves short because they don't know their worth. Call me delusional, but when I was younger, I used to play house and I was the successful playwright. I would read articles on young, take-charge actresses and I imagined what my own interview would be like; how I would carefully describe my road to fame, the nuances of my art, my inspirations. Being wildly successful was never a question.

When I became an adult, the fog of doubt seeped in under my door, through the cracks in my windows, in the pockets of people who I thought had my best interests in mind. I began to question myself, my abilities. Where did this come from? What lies did I start believing? When did I start thinking that my dreams were too large, too wide around for me to hold?

So my new years resolution is to...[drum roll, please]

BELIEVE IN MYSELF.

simple, right?

Whatever your new years resolution is, I encourage you to invest in yourself. Be your own best advocate. Surround yourself with people who are uplifting, drop the ones who try to poke holes in your dreams.

Blessings to you, wherever you are...may your 2009 be prosperous and an upgrade from 2008 :)

...and don't drink too much champange.

2 comments:

the neocapitalista said...

PREACH!!!

CHILD. This is just so real. As a child...even into young teenage years I had huge massive visions of myself and I TOTALLY had my interview responses on 60 minutes down. Tell me why I'm doing a dream board too. wooohoooo!

two thousand nine is mine.

Make it yours too darlin'. Sad that you've left the A town but let's please stay in touch as we scale mountains of adversity and self doubt to reach the pinnacle of our uniquely fabulous versions of success.

:)

OD said...

But what will we drink when that catchy song comes on?